decrypt with a symmetric algorithm

From: eliraz (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/24/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 00:06:02 -0700

Hello
I am tring to decrypt a message that was encrypted with a symmetric algorithm.
I am using the CryptoStream class to write the decrypted message to a MemoryStream.

when I run cryptostream.FlushFinalBlock I am getting the errror:
Length of the data to decrypt is invalid

I just want to say that the code that make the encryption is the same as the one that make the decryption - just using the CerateDecryptor insteed of CreateEncryptor.

thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • How do I Use DPAPI to Encrypt and Decrypt Data (C#/VB.NET)?
    ... Use DPAPI to Encrypt and Decrypt Data ... The code below demonstrates how to call Data Protection API (DPAPI) ... In addition to encryption and decryption, ... public static string Encrypt ...
  • Re: Byte array to string and back - newbie question
    ... // Create a symmetric algorithm. ... This is done to make encryption more ... // Encrypt a string into a string using a password ... // Decrypt a byte array into a byte array using a key and an IV ...
  • Re: CryptAPI(encryption/decryption)
    ... It seems like you're missing the Base64 decode step when trying to decrypt ... I misspelled the Private Key as Primary Key. ... Is there any variation in the encryption format in openssl compared to ... "Dylan DSilva " wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Writing spaghetti code for obfuscation/encryption
    ... > undocumented opcodes and simple encryption? ... do the protection and distribution (I'll justify this later, ... This key was used to decrypt the main program code. ... So here's the scheme in action: Put disk in, ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Which is more secure RC2 or RC4 ?
    ... Credit card info... ... If your application can decrypt the information (in order to send it ... one goofy solution may be to use public key encryption on ... decryption key on a separate computer (laptop). ...
    (sci.crypt)