Re: CMAB with Encrypted Sections

From: Hernan de Lahitte (hernan_at_lagash.com)
Date: 04/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:04:55 -0300

Patrick,

You have a Winforms app for Key management issues located on Configuration
Management\Code\CS\KeyConfig for the C# version and on Configuration
Management\Code\VB\KeyConfig for the VB.NET version. This application let
you generate new Key and IV as well as create a .reg file for creating the
registry entries (this should be the last step, that is, after setting all
other fields (right button clicks)).

Regards,

Hernan de Lahitte
Lagash Systems S.A.
http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl

"Patrick Flynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am trying to use the BCL Data Protection with Microsofts CMAB and
ever time I try to access the configuration section I have marked as
encrypted I get the following exception "The configuration signature check
has failed.". I think my hashKey, symmetricKey, and initializationVector
values are the problem as they are a copy from a Web example of a config
file and I was wondering how I would go about re-generating these values
from scratch. I was wondering if someone could outline the steps involved to
get this working or even better point me to a URL with a working example.

Relevant Pages