Re: Forms Authentication Problem yet again

From: Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\) (joseph.e.kaplan_at_removethis.accenture.com)
Date: 03/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:17:19 -0600

No, I'm not someone you want to ask about GPO if you want it to work :)

I'd try over in one of the Windows Server newsgroups such as
microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory and ask there. There are
many people there who are great with GPO and can at least point you in the
right direction.

Hopefully I've pointed you in the right direction to start with, but if you
explain what you are trying to do on the client with IE settings, I'm sure
someone will be able to confirm the GPO approach or not and recommend other
ideas.

GL,

Joe K.

wrote in message news:<#pW9R#EEEHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> > Client config is not my strong suit at all. If your company uses Group
> > Policy, you may be able to change this setting via GPO, but otherwise,
it
> > sounds like an annoying problem to have to deal with.
> >
> > I wish you best of luck!
> >
> > Joe K.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Offline folders icon still displays in startup menu
    ... Joe typed: ... > GPO in SBS 2003 OS. ... On the server: ... >>> issued by the SBS 2003 Box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GPOs not being applied
    ... create a new user named Joe in the OU ... create a new GPO and link it to the new OU ... > problem server, and all tests passed. ... >>Derek Melber ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GPOs... my head -- addendum
    ... ALL GPO issues:-). ... This is a VERY common problem which is DHCP will give out the wrong DNS IP ... >> added a new user by copying Joe To Fred, ... >>> Derek Melber ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Forms Authentication Problem yet again
    ... Binny ... > many people there who are great with GPO and can at least point you in the ... > Joe K. ... So what is that I have to modify? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)