Block the debugger from seeing values of variables

From: C P (nospam_at_nospam.com)
Date: 03/17/04

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:44:40 -0500

I'm creating some classes that will use a strongly-typed DataSet that I'm
going to load from an XML file that I've encrypted. A 3rd party will be
using my classes, but I'd like to keep them from seeing the contents of this
DataSet. I will be sending the 3rd party my classes in a pre-compiled
assembly. What I'm not clear on is if they will be able to see the values
of the private fields of my classes in their debugger? If they can, is
there any way to prevent this? The unencrypted version of my dataset will
only be available via private/internal fields, so if I can ensure the
debugger can't read this info I think I'll be set. (BTW, I'm using C#).

Thanks,
Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Determine Receiving Party
    ... party/business partner. ... I receive an xml file with no indication of what partner it comes from. ... I don't want to have to parse the receive location URI ... that it would only make sense if I was going to use the party ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Debugger with LocalSystem account.
    ... My program is a service and it connects to a third party software ... My debug build of my program runs as a regular app, ... is running in the "Local System" account and my debugger and app are not. ... Do you mean connecting the debugger to the app? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: XML Parsing
    ... We have XML file that is send by the customer, we need to alter the XML file and send it back to 3'rd party. ... <SNIPPAGE> ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: XML Parsing
    ... We have XML file that is send by the customer, we need to alter the XML file and send it back to 3'rd party. ... How do the XML documents arrive: SOAP web service requests, file transfer, email, etc.? ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • RE: Block the debugger from seeing values of variables
    ... modify and change arbitrary memory, change registers, play with data structures, etc. ... be to attach an unmanaged debugger to your process and look at the memory space, where they could very easily read your private variables. ... A 3rd party will be ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)