Signing a file, crypto checksum

From: Herbert (
Date: 02/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:36:10 -0800

I need to create a crypto checksum (Hash) to dedect modifications to a file.
1. Where can I / should I store the hash value in the file(header)?
2. How can I access this location using .NET classes?

thank you, herbert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie DEC COBOL Question - Indexed files...
    ... In general, don't store a password. ... and do not use a SHA nor any other fast hash. ... Storing an unencrypted private key is worse than storing a password. ... It depends on what the application is doing; I'd rather use certificate ...
  • Re: Dictionary used to build a Triple Store
    ... It's about the Semantic Web BUT it uses python to build a "toy" triple ... To build the triple store entirely in Python, ... using the Python hash. ... Three hashes actually (I get that. ...
  • Re: bad code, needs work...
    ... > The problem I am getting is checking to see if one field matches the city, ... The outfile opens can be handled in a loop that will at least prevent ... then store that scalar into a hash, which would be a convenient way to ... Again if you store the output handles to a hash, ...
  • Re: Best practices for storing/retrieving login credentials
    ... you must make sure that incoming callers are allowed to make FTP ... I think - Roy is interested in is how to protect the common FTP credentials. ... You cannot hash the FTP password, because the application needs to provide ... > then have to consider how to store the encryption key. ...
  • Re: Secure password storing
    ... The reason why I can't store a hash is that the ... with a symetric key, there are loads of free libraries out there that will ... passport system are only storing hash of the passwords. ...