Web.config or App.config Security

From: Damian (t-damianl_at_infocorp.com.uy)
Date: 02/05/04

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:23:25 -0300

Hi All ,

I have this problem. I know how to encrypr connections strings or XML files
using Aplication Block. I have implemented a Data Protection Provider to
encrypt all my configurations files. My problem is that my encryptation key
and other personal information is set in my web.config or app.config . I
wonder if Visual Studio has any tool or service to encrypt or secure the
web.config or there is another way to do this in order to make sure than
anyone is going to open or modify this file. Any advice?

Thanks for your help.

Relevant Pages

  • Web.config Security
    ... I know how to encrypr connections strings or XML files ... using Aplication Block. ... I have implemented a Data Protection Provider to ... encrypt all my configurations files. ...
  • Web.config Security
    ... I know how to encrypr connections strings or XML files ... using Aplication Block. ... I have implemented a Data Protection Provider to ... encrypt all my configurations files. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: XML encryption
    ... > We are looking to encrypt our XML files that is used by our VB application.. ... > Any links or web-articles will be of great help ... Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)