Re: Framework 1.1 security questions

From: Crirus (Crirus_at_datagroup.ro)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:58:57 +0200

All I want for my code is to have permission to connect back to the site of
download
Do I need some coding tricks to achive this or my assembly downloaded by a
client and run in IE is assigned by default to same site code group?

--
Cheers,
    Crirus
""Shawn Farkas"" <shawnfa@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1. caspol -rsg <assembly> will show you what code groups your assembly
matches.
> 2. Yes, Internet assemblies are only granted Same Site Web Permission by
default.

> -Shawn
> http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa
>
> --

rights.
> Note:  For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this
> originated.
> --------------------
> >From: "Crirus" <Crirus@datagroup.ro>
> >Subject: Framework 1.1 security questions
> >Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:54:39 +0200
> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.security
> >
> >1. How can I see what code group is attached to a assembly downloaded
from
> >internet?
> >2. Is that true that any assembly that need a connection to the internet,
an
> >do it only to the origin server without asking for any permissions?
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> >--
> >Cheers,
> >    Crirus
> >
> >------------------------------
> >If work were a good thing, the boss would  take it all from you
> >
> >------------------------------

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement]
    ... copyright in this fashion is just that kind of permission. ... > of the file on your hd, and compares it with the hashes on everyone elses ... Of course the movie house give the company legal ... > permission to download etc the file, therefore they are not in contravention ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement]
    ... > More to the point are the key copyright words, ... > copyright in this fashion is just that kind of permission. ... >> permission to download etc the file, therefore they are not in contravention ... >> delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Believe it or not, Fortran
    ... You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the ... > X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 ... >>I was unable to download FTN95, for some reason web site tells me I'm ...
  • Re: TeXBook
    ... explicit permission for downloading. ... location it gives people permission to download. ... Absense of protection means there is no protection ergo some thing is ... Whole internet was build on base that content, files, information is ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: (RCSD) Off Topic ~ downloads.
    ... I should imagine the clip is ok permission wise, ... The clip centres on a percussion video for my son, ... if OK can someone advise how to download. ... Did the original copyright holder give permission ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)