Connection made from IE embedded application to the same server

From: Crirus (
Date: 01/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:23:19 +0200

I have a application, embedded in IE (html assambly).
That aplication need to connect back to the server in order to get some
What are conditions to succeed without requesting any special permissions
from client? As an applet do it....
Should I connect back to the server only using port 80?
Right now the client app is serverd by Apache and connection back is tryed
to another aplication on port 9500
I tested in intranet and a security permisio is raised, but I dont know what
to do to allow that connection with untrusted sets of permissions

If work were a good thing, the boss would  take it all from you

Relevant Pages

  • asyncio: setting file permissions of a Unix socket?
    ... I'm using the asyncio.Protocol interface to build a server which binds ... unix socket, so to communicate with the server. ... Where should I set the permissions of the file? ... connection can't happen because of the file permissions. ...
  • Re: Connection ended on clients
    ... permissions and this was working until yesterday. ... tried to telnet in and it says that the connection is lost ... >Is there anything in the EventLog on the server? ... >> days into my grace license and up until now the clients ...
  • Re: Access to data folder on network drive
    ... As far as connection itself, he will be connecting from India, and I ... files on the data drive of our SBS2003 folder. ... When I set up a server, I like to create my own AD security ... Authenticated Users for NTFS permissions. ...
  • Office XP Developer Edition problems
    ... packs and Windows Server 2003 with all updates. ... approritate rights and permissons in Exchange and in the COM+ Workflow Event ... connection is made and the username and password is entered for the ... This could be due to a network problem, a permissions problem, or Exchange ...
  • Re: Riddle me this error ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0E7A)
    ... All of my connections use the trusted connection. ... on the intranet. ... > will not let anyone in who doesn't have permissions, well, since, that's ... > Does SQL Server need to know who is accessing your intranet? ...