Re: Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 and Security

From: Shawn Farkas (shawnfa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/13/04

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:21:57 -0800

Hi Mike,

    I don't have any experience with the VS Tools for Office specifically,
but this sounds like it might be a problem similar to hosting an assembly in
IE. Have you tried trusting the site the assembly is hosted on? For more
details, see my blog entry at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/26/57026.aspx

-Shawn
http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa

"Mike Fletcher" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody any experience in using Visual Studio Tools
> for Office 2003? I'm having a problem with security
> settings on a Word document that I'm trying to load
> across an intranet in a web browser. I keep getting the
> message 'The current .NET security policy does not permit
> the word document to load custom macros...(etc)'. I've
> tried setting up access rights via the .NET Configuration
> Tool, but I've only been able to get the macros (i.e. dll
> files) to work on the local development machine and not
> over the intranet on a client machine. Any suggestions
> please will be welcomed. Many thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Can I link a word document to open in different areas (for a Gloss
    ... Can I create a a glossary on the intranet and have the Word Document ... click the link "Step 4" and the Word document opens to that specific category? ... Step 1 (linked text on the intranet to the same word file) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Opening Access from Word
    ... > workgroup environment using a database application as an intranet. ... > way a person could open the Word document and when finished exit through the ... From the "other application" you click a button that automates Word and opens ... it also loads an Addin. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Collaborate in Word
    ... I'm seeking away to share a WORD document on my company's Intranet and have ... multiple employees open the document and add their information to compile the ... Is it possible to post a WORD document on an Intranet ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • hyperlinks to intranet
    ... intranet so that others can monitor my progress with the manual i am ... When i create a hyperlink to a word document which looks like ... Chapter\QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCESS - new.doc ... and i am thus unable to access the link from the company intranet to the ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)