Re: Password encryption

From: Laura (villa_l_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/03

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:16:08 -0800

First of all, thank you very much!
In fact it can be a two "phase" question :). The most important is to encrypt the
pwd, the next step will be to encrypt the whole file (it's an xml diffgram so
the data are unprotected and visible).
The whole file encryption impacts on retrieving data from the cache
(I'm using the dataset's load method which accepts an xml diffgram).

Best Regards,
Laura

     ----- Michael Giagnocavo [MVP] wrote: -----

     Just a note that if saving a password with a hash, you should consider
     multiple iterations (perhaps 1024 or more). The PasswordDeriveBytes class
     handles this for you.
     -mike
     MVP