Re: Trust An Assembly (With Updates)

From: Dave Jefferson (david.jeffersd_at_REMOVETHISkbcfp.com)
Date: 10/23/03

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:33:21 +0100

The simplest thing to do is:
1. Generate a strong name key pair using "sn -k myKey.snk"
2. Get your application to use this (in the AssemblyInfo.cs file)
3. Run C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorcfg.msc (assuming
you are using v1.1 of the framework)
4. Runtime Security Policy -> Increase Assembly Trust. Choose your
assembly and in the next dialog pick the option "All assemblies with the
same assembly public key"
5. Choose the security level

Now any version of any application which is signed with myKey.snk can run
on this PC.
If you want to deploy your application to other PCs then choose Runtime
Security Policy -> Create Deployment Package and thne deploy the resulting
msi package to all PCs in your company.

What we do is my development group has it's own key and we sign all our
assemblies with that key and all the PCs in my company have their security
policy adjusted so trust that key.

Hope this helps,

Dave