Re: Trust An Assembly (With Updates)

From: Dave Jefferson (david.jeffersd_at_REMOVETHISkbcfp.com)
Date: 10/23/03

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:33:21 +0100

The simplest thing to do is:
1. Generate a strong name key pair using "sn -k myKey.snk"
2. Get your application to use this (in the AssemblyInfo.cs file)
3. Run C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorcfg.msc (assuming
you are using v1.1 of the framework)
4. Runtime Security Policy -> Increase Assembly Trust. Choose your
assembly and in the next dialog pick the option "All assemblies with the
same assembly public key"
5. Choose the security level

Now any version of any application which is signed with myKey.snk can run
on this PC.
If you want to deploy your application to other PCs then choose Runtime
Security Policy -> Create Deployment Package and thne deploy the resulting
msi package to all PCs in your company.

What we do is my development group has it's own key and we sign all our
assemblies with that key and all the PCs in my company have their security
policy adjusted so trust that key.

Hope this helps,

Dave

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:07:05 +1000, Jason Garland (Secure Access Pty Ltd)
<Jase@SecureAccess.Com.Au> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a method to allow an Application (not a specific
> version
> or build) to be allowed to be trusted with full rights ?
>
> Sort of a Registration of a Certificate, and any app that is signed with
> that certificate (regarless of name or build) is right to run ?
>
> Any thoughts would be great.

  • RE: some other problems
    ... Upgrading Components That Use the com.ms.wfc.html Package ... loaded from managed assemblies in a version-aware manner. ... NET Framework security policy on the client computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.vjsharp)
  • Re: Enterprise Policy error using certificates on V1.1 Framework
    ... there is in-memory generation and compilation of assemblies going on ... What we really want to do is access a Web Service from a .NET 1.1 ... security policy is set to give FullTrust to signed applications (and ... Is it at the access of the webservice, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Help with security policy
    ... I was working on a VSTO 2003 Excel project, ... I tried recreating the Security Policy manually (using the ... Full Trust to each assembly within it. ... in one of the referenced assemblies (to which no security ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.vstools.office)
  • Re: Strong Name Assembly
    ... This depends on your clients networking connection requirements (VPN, ... usually need administrator privileges to modify the security policy). ... just strongnaming your assemblies won't> solve your problem. ... >>Lagash Systems S.A. ...
  • Re: How to use SecurityAction.RequestMinimum for UnmanagedCode
    ... You can perform a simple test to see what permissions are granted to ... Hopefully this will help you with the security policy grant set that your ... assembly will receive when running from that zone. ... I have used a one touch install that gives assemblies signed> with our key full trust. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)