Re: Incremental hashing of large files in .NET 1.1

From: Pieter Philippaerts (Pieter_at_nospam.mentalis.org)
Date: 10/21/03

    Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:42:12 +0200

    "Michel Gallant" <neutron@nspxistar.ca> wrote in message
    > Here is a little .NET class for P/Invoke (FCL 1.0/1.1)
    > http://pages.istar.ca/~neutron/feature/HashStream/HashStream.cs
    > which simply defines a static utility method:

    I'm curious why you chose to use P/Invoke instead of the
    HashAlgorithm.Transform(Final)Block methods.
    I created a little test application with your code and an equivalent method
    using Transform(Final)Block and both implementations had a comparable
    performance.
    Is there a specific reason you chose P/Invoke?

    Regards,
    Pieter Philippaerts
    Managed SSL/TLS: http://www.mentalis.org/go.php?sl