All permissions all access ! .NET drives me crazy

From: lobrys (PUTAINlobrysDE_at_SPAMfreeDE.MERDE.fr)
Date: 10/14/03

    Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:53:06 +0200

    hi

    I build a VB .NET application that makes file access, environnemet acess,
    database access, etc....
    If I ran the app locally, everything works....(normal)

    If I copy the app on a server, and execute it, everything works until a
    file/environnement/database access !.....

    I just want that my app may run in every machine!
    I dont want to use client app like caspol.exe or mscorcfg.msc...(because I
    dont want to execute them in every computer!)

    I found information on FileIOPermission, EnvirronementPermissionAttribute,
    for exemple : <Assembly: FileIOPermission(SecurityAction.RequestMinimum,
    Unrestricted:=True)>
    but nothing works (the program ask me for a debug)

    I also found this code :

    Dim fp As EnvironmentPermission
    Try
        fp = New EnvironmentPermission(PermissionState.Unrestricted)
        fp.Demand()
    Catch e1 As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(e1.Message)
    End Try

    BUT nothing works!
    I have something like :
    System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib,
    Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    failed.

    I dont have found info on configuration files such as security.conf or
    machine.conf...
    Is it possible to resolve my problem with that?

    so, my friends, you are my last chance....
    What I must do?

    thanks for your futur response

    lobrys

    • Re: single application file access
      ... What do you mean by conditioning a file access by its creator? ... someone/another app' messing with them? ...
    • Re: single application file access
      ... What do you mean by conditioning a file access by its creator? ... someone/another app' messing with them? ...
    • Re: Anybody uses PaintShop for digital photography?
      ... > unlikely there's an intrinsic problem in the app that would cause ... > slows down all file access. ... > system down tnat he average computer user can't find. ... 1GB memory, 1.9GHz processor, disk checked for DMA access, anti-virus ...
      (rec.photo.digital)
    • Re: Threads in Application
      ... threads are with in the same app.. ... what you do have to be careful of its file access. ... Aaron Miles wrote: ... > I use reference in sddatapump.exe to read the paramstrings any chance of ...
      (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
    • Re: from elsewhere, an assembler
      ... The code path is then just like a little bloated part of my own app. ... The way I think about it, the moment your app has its timeslice, this timeslice is yours until you call Sleepor by other means complete your processing. ... I dont know, but much likly it _cannot_ when you run at higher prority then the system. ... laugh nevertheless, laugh aginst all odds, and laugh about yourself.. ...
      (alt.lang.asm)