Permissions and users and smartcards

From: RD (nospam_at_nospam.net)
Date: 10/13/03

    Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:13:27 -0400

    We have to develop an application that uses smartcards to allow access to
    the computers by the users and we need an interface that is realy user
    friendly to manage users, adding and removing them to and from custom groups
    (other than Users, PowerUsers etc..) like Accounting, HR etc.. When a user
    ids part of a group he can access some of the program functions but not all
    (this last part has been figured out).

    Are there any samples that would show how to add and remove users users from
    Windows user groups on the domain from within a Custom user interface. We
    can't let the people doing doing this use the Microsoft management consoles.
    We have to have a simple user interface with limited functionality. ( add a
    user to an existing group, issue a smart card, remove a user from a group,
    prevent that user from continuing to use his/her smart card) The groups that
    can be managed by this are to be limited and previously created by us using
    the system tools.

    Any help pointing us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards to all

    Bob