Re: Not able to connect to SQL Server

From: Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP] (x-code_at_no-spam-please.hotpop.com)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:46:36 +0300

Hello Sandy,

This suggestion is actually about administration and not so much about
coding. As far as I remember, the account ASP .NET runs your applications
under is configured in the machine.config file. You should probably refer to
an MSDN section on ASP .NET security for the details.

The SQL server is configured to accept a certain account through its
Enterprise Manager facility (well, unless you are in deep love with command
line tools or system stored procedures :-). You should create a new login
and then create a user in the database that would correspond to that login
(usually when you specify which databases the login will have access to, the
appropriate users will be created for you).

--
Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
X-Unity Test Studio
"Sandy" <sdemuth@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello Dmitriy!
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> How do I go about writing the code using your last
> suggestion:
>
>    . . ."Or you can have ASP .NET run your web application
> under a domain account which will be able to log in to
> the SQL box, and set up the SQL server to recognize this
> login."?
>
> Sandy

Relevant Pages

  • NT Account Locked Out after reboot
    ... After rebooting the computer and try to login into the NT ... MS KB suggested me to look at Local User Account to see ... Any suggestion to fix up this problem? ...
  • Re: retrieving login information
    ... below suggestion works if i use the same account to ... login to my machine and SQL. ... >> but this returns the SQL login info. ...
  • Weakness introduced by denying remote logins on AIX, possibly others
    ... AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1, ... is possible to remotely enumerate the passwords of a known AIX account. ... believed to be in the response from the login program after authentication ... Give accounts that have been restricted from remote logins strong passwords. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: AD Security Groups break Authentication
    ... I can do a domain login using my own account & a couple others, but one specific account can't login. ... My ping testing showed that 1430 was the highest MTU setting that wouldn't result in fragmentation. ... As soon as the network engineers changed the MTU from the default of 1500 to 1400, all domain traffic stopped and they detected a ton of errors, so we restored the MTU to 1500. ...
  • Re: Please! Doesnt anyone know a better way to do this?
    ... account, they need to automatically be directed to the page to enter data ... session variable on the Account page. ... I assume here that you're checking a database when the user attempts to ... When a new user attempts to login or clicks to register, ...