Re: Strong naming and COM interop

From: Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP] (
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:50:40 +0300

Hi Charles,

First, create a key file with the sn.exe utility. Then, have tlbimp.exe sign
your interop assembly with the key file provided in command line arguments.

I can't provide the exact command line switches off the top of my head but
you will be easily able to figure them out from the help messages displayed
by these programs.

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
X-Unity Test Studio
Bring the power of unit testing to VS .NET IDE
"Charles" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> I want to strongly name an assembly that references some
> COM components for which I do not have the source code.
> How do I create a strongly named interop. Library for
> these components and is there anything else I need to
> worry about?
> Also does anyone have any guidance on managing the key
> files.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: public-key ssh out of VMS 7.3-1
    ... it's HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version 5.4 - ECO 6. ... command could reveal something, such as which key file you're actually ...
  • Re: strange issues with yum update
    ... den 07.08.2004 schrieb Globe Trotter um 19:52: ... > This is the complete command? ... As Thierry already answered you need to pass it the key file. ... Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp ...
  • Re: How to Strong Name -AGH!!!
    ... > I move it into the Share and run this command: ... briefly used the "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration" from ... then make sure *no one* get's access to that key file you used to sign ...
  • Re: SFTP using a single use key.
    ... >the remote side and start sftp-server. ... unlike scp, the file to transfer is not given on the ... >command line, and there is no option you can give sftp-server to restrict ... A bit more work than putting a fixed string in the key file ...