Re: Strong naming and COM interop

From: Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP] (x-code_at_no-spam-please.hotpop.com)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:50:40 +0300

Hi Charles,

First, create a key file with the sn.exe utility. Then, have tlbimp.exe sign
your interop assembly with the key file provided in command line arguments.

I can't provide the exact command line switches off the top of my head but
you will be easily able to figure them out from the help messages displayed
by these programs.

--
Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
X-Unity Test Studio
"Charles" <a@b.c> wrote in message

> I want to strongly name an assembly that references some
> COM components for which I do not have the source code.
> How do I create a strongly named interop. Library for
> these components and is there anything else I need to
> worry about?
>
> Also does anyone have any guidance on managing the key
> files.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: public-key ssh out of VMS 7.3-1
    ... it's HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version 5.4 - ECO 6. ... command could reveal something, such as which key file you're actually ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: strange issues with yum update
    ... den 07.08.2004 schrieb Globe Trotter um 19:52: ... > This is the complete command? ... As Thierry already answered you need to pass it the key file. ... Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to Strong Name -AGH!!!
    ... > I move it into the Share and run this command: ... briefly used the "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration" from ... then make sure *no one* get's access to that key file you used to sign ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: SFTP using a single use key.
    ... >the remote side and start sftp-server. ... unlike scp, the file to transfer is not given on the ... >command line, and there is no option you can give sftp-server to restrict ... A bit more work than putting a fixed string in the key file ...
    (comp.security.ssh)