Re: Logon Failure

From: Paul Todd (reg_todd_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/06/03

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:05:21 +0100

Providing you will only be using one user at a time, you can use the WNet*
api's (e.g. WNetAddConnection2) to browse and access remote servers.

Paul

"Scott Wallace" <john@doe.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to access a remote machine's files and can't figure out how to
> impersonate a user with rights to perform the task. The program runs as a
> Windows Service - this is NOT ASP, IIS, Web Service, etc. related -
strictly
> a Windows Service. The remote machine is on a different domain so I
cannot
> set my service to run as that user (same would apply to Web Service). How
> can I access a remote share if I know the user and password? Mapped
drives
> are not an option - there are about 80 remote machines that I need to talk
> to.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Determining Process Memory Usage
    ... Thank you for your help Paul. ... They all doesn't show any memory leaks ... leak. ... I have remote tools working but I can't reproduce the issue at my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: AS Sites and Services
    ... Paul / Marcin, ... I considered the "Bridging all Site Links" option as an option before ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... We have a couple of clients who have multiple "remote" sites. ...
  • Re: determine file is local? WORKS
    ... paul wrote: ... local machine or if it's a mapped, remote drive? ... In a windows environment it returns something like ... If the application is installed on the machine on which it it running, it will load its configuration from a machine specific file. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: VPN from Server to Client?
    ... VPN connection on that machine. ... "Paul Proefrock" schreef in bericht ... > but when it goes remote with VPN, ... >>> I have our SBS2003 system up and running with remote clients. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW VPN security problem ?
    ... And how does the certificate look like? ... >> Hi Paul, ... >>>>> In setting up my system and remote users, ... If I use the FQDN, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)