Re: Is there any asymmetric crypto API to allow decrypting a message but not encrypting it?

From: Mickey Williams (my)
Date: 10/04/03

Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:01:46 -0700

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Doesn't everyone have the
public key? Isn't its public availablility the very essence of asymmetric
encryption? If you're worried that an arbitrary client might be able to sign
a plain-text message and spoof the producer's identity, provide a signature.

--
Mickey Williams
Author, "Microsoft Visual C# .NET Core Reference", MS Press