Re: Implementing Security - Advice Please

From: Luther Miller (googlenews_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: 26 Sep 2003 11:14:39 -0700

I wrote a useful hands-on article about implementing security within
an ASP.NET application for the September/2003 issue of Windows
Developer - "Quick ASP.NET Security". You can download it for free if
you register at the site, and I think you will find it useful. It
builds upon the basics of ASP.NET security; it's not just
regurgitation of the .NET Framework docs:
http://www.windevnet.com/wdn/articles/2003/0309/

"frank" <frank@frank.com> wrote in message news:<elq1cwIbDHA.2344@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> I am in the process of writing a fairly large ASP.NET web application and I
> am about to implement log-ons, permissions etc. I have never used any
> security with ASP.NET before; only classic ASP.
>
> I would like to base my user's logon information and permissions on their
> domain account. What is the best way to do this? Can web-based forms
> communicate with the domain users accounts? What about storing session
> information - how do we do this? Is there any recommended techniques for
> implementing this sort of security? Can anyone point me to any articles
> relating to this subject?
>
> Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Implementing Security - Advice Please
    ... security with ASP.NET before; only classic ASP. ... I would like to base my user's logon information and permissions on their ... communicate with the domain users accounts? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Implementing Security - Advice Please
    ... security with ASP.NET before; only classic ASP. ... I would like to base my user's logon information and permissions on their ... communicate with the domain users accounts? ...
  • Re: Implementing Security - Advice Please
    ... I wrote a useful hands-on article about implementing security within ... Developer - "Quick ASP.NET Security". ... > I would like to base my user's logon information and permissions on their ... > communicate with the domain users accounts? ...