Re: VB.NET app cannot deploy on any client machine! Exception couldn't be handled!!!

From: Bill Nguyen (billn_at_jaco.com)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:31:48 -0700

Vijay;
The setup project is included in the same solution.

This is what I found:

I installed VS.NET on an XP client machine, install the application setup
application, and the app started to work. I verify the .NET framework
version on my development machine vs. those client machines that failed to
run the app, they are the same v 1.1.4322 (I believe it's the same version
with the latest DONEtfx.exe).
This really puzzled me.. I can't install VS.NEt on every client machine!
There must be some addditional files that need to be installed on the client
machine. The problem is that I can't figure out which files they are. The
dependenccies in the setup application look fine.
I guess my last resort is to install the .NET framework from the VS.NET CD
if I can locate where the file iss on the CD.
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Bill

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/using/deploying/redist/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/redistdeploy.asp#redistdeploy_topic3

> > > look at:
> > >
> > > "Creating a Single Setup Project to Install a .NET Framework
Application
> > and
> > > Dotnetfx.exe"
> > >
> > > hth,