Re: processModel userName="MyDomain\UserName"

From: Heath Stewart (nospam.clubstew_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/20/03

    Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:14:53 -0500

    We have had to use a domain\username in the processModel element because, in
    a domain, the machine account (ASPNET) doesn't like to work. We still use
    this account name (ourdomain\ASPNET) but have further restricted it
    massively. Don't let it have anything more than it needs (i.e., taking the
    defaults).

    If you're dealing with enterprise applications and want to run something in
    the logged-in user contect (via Kerberos (.NET 1.1) or NTLM (1.0+), then set
    the <identity impersonate="true"/> and the context will impersonate the
    user, giving you further control on resources.

    I'm not sure this answers your question, but I hope it leads you in the
    right direction.

    --
    Heath Stewart
    Senior Software Architect