Re: VB.NET app cannot deploy on any client machine! Exception couldn't be handled!!!

From: Vijay Balki (vijayb_at_softech-usa.com)
Date: 09/19/03

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:03:03 -0500

Bill,

Did you build a setup project from Visual Studio and then deploy the client
on your Win2k machine? Please make sure you do this. Just installing .NET
Framework runtime does not include all files needed. If your application
used some controls, you will need to build setup and then install the
client. Let me know if this works.

VJ

"steve" <asd@abc.com> wrote in message
> you're saying you followed the instructions for deploying your application
> using dotnetfx.exe and you are having the problems...or, that you
downloaded
> dotnetfx.exe to a client pc and ran it? if the answer is the former, then
> can't be any more specific than those instructions and can't be of much
help
> to you in resolving the problem otherwise.
>

> "Bill Nguyen" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Steve;
> > I already have the dotnetfx.exe downloaded and installed in my client
> > machines. Version 1.1.4322.573.
> > I'm not sure what to do next to fix the problem! Can you please be more
> > specific?
> > Thanks
> > Bill
> >
> > "steve" <asd@abc.com> wrote in message
> > > i've had the problem before...fixed it by including the dotnetfx.exe
> > get
> > > around it. i'm also using vs.net 2003 and the major/minor version is
> > > something like 1.103...not sure but it is sufficiently different to
> cause
> > > problem. dotnetfx.exe is on the ms website w/ instructions on how to
use
> > it
> > > to install whatever version you are developing in. works just fine.
> > >
> > > hth,
> > >
> > > steve
> > >

> > > "Bill Nguyen" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message
> .NET

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL Native Client vs SQL Server Driver
    ... On the blog for the SQL Native Client, you will find a lot of useful ... However, its biggest advantage is that unlike the MDAC, not only that you ... They won't be happy if you break something on their machine by installing ... a new application should always use the lasted driver if it can do ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc)
  • Re: VB.NET app cannot deploy on any client machine! Exception couldnt be handled!!!
    ... Bill, ... Did you build a setup project from Visual Studio and then deploy the client ... Just installing .NET ...
  • Re: RWW stopped working after SBS SP1 installed
    ... Just curious...and I don't remember if this was a requirement, but have you tried installing the newer TS Client which came out last year on the remote workstation??? ... I know you're not using the TS Client per se. ... Was the complete SBS SP1 installed or only Windows Server SP1?? ... the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Installing clients SCCM 2007
    ... I have installed SCCM 2007 and now I have a problem with installing clients. ... In allsystems collection i see all my workstations. ... For example i manualy comand to install client to the IGORS machine. ... <![LOG[Select first cert flag is set, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: bashing for free EMR program
    ... Short of downloading and installing ... client for upload into the EMR? ... And, yes, we know Word does a crude character count and a crude line count, ... Word-compatible expanders installed on our computers when working with those ...
    (sci.med.transcription)