Re: .NET Deployment: Minimum Customer Effort

From: Michel Gallant (neutron_at_istar.ca)
Date: 09/11/03

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:14:45 -0400

Depending on your target audience, the simplest approach might be
to simply deploy a custom your custom .NET security policy as
msi. This is probably the safest way (from .NET infrastructure point
of view).
Using bat files are prone to hacking etc.. and many enterprises block
them as attachments (but on trusted intranet you have more trust).

Compared to the model for signed Java applet deployment, where the
trust decision was on-the-fly squarely on the users shoulders, the .NET
CAS model relies evidently more on the integrity of a system administrator,
who presumabely can be trusted to deploy CAS updates .. or can they ?? ;-)

 - Michel Gallant
    MVP Security