Re: DES Key & IV

From: Kun (sokun_at_seila.gov.kh)
Date: 08/06/03

Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:26:37 +0700

I can't make it works :(
Would you please give me a sample code?

Regards,
Kun

"Keith Patrick" <richard_keith_patrick@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:#YDK359WDHA.2568@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I hit this problem before as well. Try using 64-bit or ASCII character
> encoding instead of UTF8. If that fails, send me an email, and I will
send
> you a crypto class that does it.
> BTW: If someone can explain IV to me in non-mathematical way that doesn't
> make it sound like cryptography sound like it really requires 2 keys, I'd
> appreciate it. My current means for generating one is to derive it from a
> hash of the original key, but that itself makes the encrypted data
insecure,
> but I would think that if the IV was really a second key, they'd just call
> them "KeyA" and "KeyB". I would think that when I create a key and store
> it, I'm just storing a key and not generating a key and another key and
then
> storing both under the guise of "key" and "other thing that isn't a key
but
> is instead used to initialize the crypto"
>
> "Kun" <sokun@seila.gov.kh> wrote in message
> > Dear All,
> > I am new to crypto.
> >
> > I have code bellow:
> > DES des = DESServer ...();
> > MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
> > CryptoStream cs;
> >
> > byte[] bStr;
> > byte[] myKey;
> > byte[] myIV;
> >
> > myKey = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Testing");
> > myIV = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Something else");
> >
> > bStr = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("This string to enctypt");
> >
> > //okay now the error.
> > // Additional information: Specified key is not a valid size for this
> > algorithm.
> > cs = new CryptoStream(ms, des.CreateEncryptor(myKey,myIV),
> > CryptoStreamMode.Write);
> >
> > I guess I use wrong lenght of key or whatever.
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kun

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] JaPCrypt
    ... should have read crypto 101 before spending so much time... ... best regards, ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Dilating Key Encryptions.
    ... sort of like crypto. ... The problem with people like Adacrypt is that they spiral dive but ... they never hit the ground. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: DES Key & IV
    ... If that fails, send me an email, and I will send ... you a crypto class that does it. ... make it sound like cryptography sound like it really requires 2 keys, ... I'm just storing a key and not generating a key and another key and then ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Lotto Link System
    ... >>> I hit a home run here? ... >> You doin' crypto again ?? ... > Good try bozo! ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)
  • Re: Dilating Key Encryptions.
    ... sort of like crypto. ... The problem with people like Adacrypt is that they spiral dive but ... they never hit the ground. ... Speaking of spirals... ...
    (sci.crypt)