Re: Code Security against DISSASSEMBLING! How to protect intelectual property.

From: Ivan Medvedev [MS] (ivanmed_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/05/03

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:12:36 -0700

Peter -
any code (not only managed, but native code, too) can be disassembled and
its content viewed. You can use obfuscators (one comes with VisualStudio) to
make reading code more dififcult, but it is not an ultimate protection. If
you are really concerned about disclosing intellectual property you can
create a WebService that contains the sensitive code and exposes APIs for
apps to call remotely.
--Ivan