Re: Accessing folders on a remote computer

From: Shel Blauman [MSFT] (sheldonb_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/30/03

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:27:00 -0700

Have you tried impersonation? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemsecurityprincipalwindowsidentityclassimpersonatetopic.asp

One note, Console.Write("Enter the name of a machine on which to log on: ")
 should read "Enter the name of a domain on which to log on".

Shel

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.  Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

  "Per Schjetne" <per.schjetne@dmhuset.no> wrote in message news:%23v0bzcaVDHA.1600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
  I have a problem accessing a folder on a server in our DMZ using "System.IO.Directory.GetFiles". My account does not have sufficient rights on that machine because there is no trusting between the DMZ-domain and the internal network domain. Is there a way to supply credentials to the function, so I can use a valid account on the DMZ-machine?
  Per