Re: Is there anyway to limit .NET remoting TCP port access to local access only?

From: Keith Patrick (richard_keith_patrick_at_nospam.hotmail.com)
Date: 07/29/03

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:16:56 -0500

This may be a bit much, but it would be cool to play with nonetheless: you
could (unless 2K Pro lacks it) use IPv6, couldn't you? It supports
intranet-only sockets, so you'd get very low-level security like the kind
you mention. I haven't touched it yet, so I can't provide much more than
what I've heard about it, though.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: http://www.ntp.org/ => a blank page?
    ... getaddrinfo() which is used by all newer apps returns both IPv4 and IPv6 ... policy and they do not come into play. ... respond on the point of site policies coming into play. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: http://www.ntp.org/ => a blank page?
    ... getaddrinfowhich is used by all newer apps returns both IPv4 and IPv6 ... policy and they do not come into play. ... respond on the point of site policies coming into play. ... DNS makes no ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: IPv6 Ideas
    ... transition over. ... I believe the "rough edges" do not belong to IPv6, ... play, play play ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: ipv6 host inaccessible via route -inteface without ndp pairs
    ... Mr Dandy wrote ... su> I play with IPv6 on the Hezner hosting. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Who is using ipv6 ... where to start.
    (Fedora)