Is there anyway to limit .NET remoting TCP port access to local access only?

From: Ken Varn (varnk_at_diebold.com)
Date: 07/28/03

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:11:27 -0400

I have an application that uses .NET remoting using TcpChannel. I would
like to be able to restrict access to my remoting objects to client
processes that are only running on the same machine as the remoting server
object process.

I am running under Windows 2000 Pro, so I don't know if there is a way to
secure TCP ports for local access only or if this needs to be done at the
code level in the applications that utilize .net remoting.

If anyone could offer some suggestions, please do so.

Also, are named pipes more secure than TCP ports? If so, is there anyone
who has written a named pipe IChannel interface?

--
Ken Varn