Digital signature...

From: Pieter Philippaerts (Pieter_at_nospam.mentalis.org)
Date: 07/07/03

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 04:44:09 +0200

Does anyone know how to specify a hash algorithm other than MD5 and SHA1 in
the RSAPKCS1SignatureDeformatter class?
The hash algorithm I'm using is an algorithm that concatenates the MD5 and
SHA1 hashes, but whenever I specify the name of my algorithm and call the
VerifySignature method of the RSAPKCS1SignatureDeformatter it throws a
CryptographicUnexpectedOperationException error that tells me it cannot find
"a required object identifier".

Are hash algorithms other than MD5 and SHA-1 currently unsupported in the
RSAPKCS1SignatureDeformatter class?

Regards,
Pieter Philippaerts

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hash MD5, Sha1 and Length
    ... in SHA1 and more are expected for SHA1. ... But given that SHA256 is just as easy to use as MD5 and SHA1, ... and understood all the vulnerabilities and are sure they do not apply, ... then you should go for a hash algorithm that is considered safe in ...
  • Re: File Unique ID
    ... So multiple filesystem-types, multiple disks,  how can a FileSystem ID be unique then? ... You need a hash of the file I think: check out md5 or similar. ... For it is a hash algorithm. ... So strictly unique, only can achieved by increase one in kernel when a ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: MD5CRK is now LIVE
    ... > Perhaps because a 2^64 level of security is good enough for Amazon/EBay? ... simply because if they use MD5 as a hash algorithm for digital ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A question about current safe hash algorithm(Is SHA256 safe enough?)
    ... sufficiently safe as the hash algorithm and is it supposed to be safe ... If successful attacks on MD5 and SHA1 depended only on Moore's Law, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: SHA1 encryption
    ... SHA1 is a hash algorithm not an encryption algorithm ... There exist various third-party encryption products for SQL Server. ... Steve Kass posted an SHA1 implementation in TSQL here: ...