Re: Deploy via URL

From: Michael Giagnocavo [MVP] (mggUNSPAM_at_Atrevido.net)
Date: 06/30/03

    Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:54:51 -0600

    What about using a strong-name (signing it) and then setting the
    policy to give permissions to that assembly, based on the strong name
    signature?
    -mike
    MVP

    "Peter" <peter.smith@navy.mil> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to deploy a dotnet .exe via a URL but
    > encountering exceptions due to the use of some code that
    > tries to read the clients IP address. I have read
    > various articles about setting the users group policy but
    > would like to know why I can not just sign the code; have
    > a notice pop up that shows the certificate. I have done
    > this with ActiveX CAB files that run via Internet
    > Explorer. Our IT department is very restrictive and will
    > allow signed code, they will not allow group policy
    > changes and lock down the users systems from basically
    > doing anything. Thanks in Advance.
    >
    > Peter

    • Re: Intermittant GPO failure to apply
      ... If you have backup your group policy before, you can restore it from the ... 244474 How to force Kerberos to use TCP instead of UDP in Windows Server ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Set GPO for specific user group
      ... Click on the domain name in Group Policy Management, select the GPO and then click the arrow to the left to move it to the top of the list ... Filtering: Denied ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Remote Assistance not working
      ... I have tried these settings you recommend with no results. ... I have yet to get the offer remote assistance to work when launched from the ... The Group Policy on the computer of the novice user must be configured ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Group Policy Connundrum - Stick with it, its confusing!!!
      ... Group Policy Connundrum - Stick with it, ... Small Business Server Internet Connection Firewall ... Import the current Content Ratings Settings: ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Unable to join domain, access email, etc from client connecting to
      ... Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup. ... I understand that you cannot join in the SBS ... been truncated" error message when you edit or view Group Policy in Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)