Memory Leak with SHA1 Hashing in .NET

From: ShikariShambu (shikarishambu70_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/14/03

Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:46:26 -0500

Hi,
    Are there any known issues with using SHA1 hashing as part of the
machineKey ?

I am using SHA1 for hashing the key used in the machineKey attribute for my
web application that is deployed across a web farm (this is to allow the
view state to be recognized across servers in web farm).

However, I have a sneaky suspicion that SHA1 provider is causing a memory
leak. I wanted to know if anyone has had similar problems.

TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Memory Leak with SHA1 Hashing in .NET
    ... Are there any known issues with using SHA1 hashing as part of the ... I am using SHA1 for hashing the key used in the machineKey attribute for my ... view state to be recognized across servers in web farm). ...
  • Re: Memory Leak with SHA1 Hashing in .NET
    ... SHA1 hashing is a very straightforward operation and I've never seen any ... indications of memory leaks. ... > I am using SHA1 for hashing the key used in the machineKey attribute for ... > view state to be recognized across servers in web farm). ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)