Strong-name and remoting

From: Ice (eikonne_at_nospam.com)
Date: 05/14/03

    Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:33:07 -0500

    I've posted this on the Remoting newsgroup but I wanted to see if I'll get
    answer from someone here.

    Simply put I have a custom object that is marshaled by value (serializable).
    The assembly is strong-named (signed). When the object is passed around
    using remoting, I get the following error:
    System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Because of security
    restrictions, the type TestObject.Test cannot be accessed. --->
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

    When I don't strong-name TestObject, everything works fine. Obviously
    something is wrong here. The client is not a smart client, its a simple
    windows exe (.NET).

    I have already tried adjusting the "typeFilterLevel" and this doesn't do
    anything.

    Any ideas or suggestions.
    TIA
    ice