Re: Authenticate in SAM database...

From: Marc Scheuner [AD MVP] (m.scheuner_at_inova.SPAMBEGONE.ch)
Date: 05/13/03

Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:48:38 +0200

On Mon, 12 May 2003 12:34:08 +0100, "Jim" <ssss> wrote:
>How do I authenticate a username and password in the local SAM database, I
>can find the entry but don't know how to authenticate the password?

ADSI is no authentication provider - you'll need to use "lower level"
Windows 32 API calls, I think.

Marc

Marc Scheuner May The Source Be With You!
Bern, Switzerland m.scheuner(at)inova.ch

Relevant Pages

  • Re: LDAP Authentication fails on Web Application
    ... I have developed an application to authenticate the user based on LDAP ... System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry entry; ... <error: an exception of type: ... But the server is in operations, and the code works fine with the ...
  • [Full-Disclosure] Officescan 5.5.6 authentication bug?
    ... Had a flash in the pan abnormality with an installation of Officescan. ... On entry of the serial number it accepted but then proceeded to authenticate me and allow me into the console. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • LDAP Authentication fails on Web Application
    ... I have developed an application to authenticate the user based on LDAP ... System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry entry; ... <error: an exception of type: ... But the server is in operations, and the code works fine with the ...
  • LDAP Authentication fails on Web Service