Re: IV size

From: John Keenan (jmkeenan@comcast.net)
Date: 04/16/03

From: "John Keenan" <jmkeenan@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:53:36 -0700

I had forgotten the bits vs bytes... thanks

are the number of
>_bits_ a block or keysize should be.
>Hence, a RijndaelManaged instance with a BlockSize of 128
expects a block
>size of 16 bytes.
>
>Regards,
>Pieter Philippaerts
>http://www.mentalis.org/
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IV size
    ... > block size for this algorithm. ... Keep in mind that the BlockSize and KeySize properties are the number of ... a RijndaelManaged instance with a BlockSize of 128 expects a block ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Question about bit strength
    ... algorithm is based entirely on the size of the keyspace ... Doesn't blocksize have something to do with it? ... revealing information then either the algorithm isn't secure or isn't being ... One of the motivations for the AES contest was that the DES block size, which is the same size as the 3DES block size, was too small when used for gigabytes of message. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Question about bit strength
    ... algorithm is based entirely on the size of the keyspace ... Doesn't blocksize have something to do with it? ... I did say a properly implemented secure algorithm, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • crab cryptanalysis?
    ... Is any cryptanalysis of CRAB or any other algorithm with comparably ... large blocksize available? ...
    (sci.crypt)