Re: How to avoid warning after "MyObject=new ActiveXObject(...)"

From: Marcelo J. Birnbach (mbirnbac@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/13/03

From: "Marcelo J. Birnbach" <mbirnbac@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:37:45 -0800

You can embed the control in your page and it's going to be created without
the need of calling new ActiveXObject by adding this html code:

<OBJECT id=mycontrol classid="control1.dll#Control1">

You DON'T even need to register the control as an ActiveX.

Then, inside your page you can reference at the control by its id:

For example:

<script language="JavaScript">

function Test()
{
     var res = mycontrol.Test();
}

</script>

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Marcelo

"Nikolay Seksenov" <seksenov@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have created a vb.net dll which I call from one of our
> intranet html pages. To instantiate this dll in html page
> I am using the following javascript statement:
> "MyObject=new ActiveXObject("MyDll.MyClass");"
> Execution of this line causes the warning: "An ActiveX
> control on this page might be unsafe to interact with
> other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this
> interaction?". After answering "Yes" everything works
> fine. Is there any way to avoid this warning?
> I have read some articles about safe and signed code but
> still can't find the answer.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mark active x as safe
    ... To mark an activeX control as safe you need to get a code signing ... you could install certificated services and issue the certificate yourself. ... > i have an html form, and by clicking the submit button all ...
  • Re: Detect installed version number of active x control
    ... I think it would be a big security breach if HTML could dig that information ... out of the registry or files and send that info to the server. ... access the actual version of an installed activex control. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: PDF Viewer
    ... sondern die Hilfe in HTML angezeigt werden. ... nun am Besten auf der Suche nach einem Control, ... weil davon viele Applikationen abhängig sind. ... Sonst google mal nach shdocvw und ActiveX oder ocx. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vc)
  • Re: How to differentiate multiple instances of the same ActiveX Object
    ... Assume you have a HTML page with several identical ActiveX objects ... Further these objects have a param tag (in HTML) ... My ActiveX control supports property bags, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: xp2 activex object not displayed in html
    ... Allow active content to run in files on My Computer - Windows XP Service ... I have an activex control displayed as an object in an html page. ...