Re: using p12 Certificate - converting to x509 What am I doing wrong?

From: news.microsoft.com (mike@kearl.net)
Date: 02/09/03

From: "news.microsoft.com" <mike@kearl.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:21:09 -0700

Here is my stacktrace

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at HSEFT.Form1.btnGet_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\sourcecode\hseft\hseft\form1.cs:line 164

  "news.microsoft.com" <mike@kearl.net> wrote in message news:#$OEWXI0CHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP11...
  I just noticed that if I close down IE and click on the link for the first time I get a dialog that comes up that says

  Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However theis is a problem with the site's security certificate.

  Check This security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority
  Check The security certificate date is valid.
  Warning The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name on the site

  Do you want to proceed?

  Yes No or View Certificate buttons.

  if this is the case that is probably what I am running into .. how do I continue and or fix the problem?

    "news.microsoft.com" <mike@kearl.net> wrote in message news:eILBZmH0CHA.1636@TK2MSFTNGP10...
    Yes it is the certificate is one that they supplied to me in the first place. The certificate seems to be working fine inside IE. How do I tell if the certificate was rejected?

    I have the certificate installed in the certificate manager as well.. If I simply click on the link in my code it opens up IE and opens up the ping page with a response from the server showing that the certificate is valid and it returns information about the certificate such as who it was issued to and other pertinate information.

    The following link is underlined in my code and if I simply click on it... it just opens up IE in visual studio with the following.....
    this.req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(https://test.transunionnetaccess.com:3018?ping);

    Welcome, TransUnion Net Access Client Testing!
    Welcome to TransUnion Net Access Client Testing of the TransUnion, LLC organization.

    You, and any other member of , are always welcome here.
    (This site is only visible to owners of a valid client certificate.)

    For your information, your client certificate from TransUnion, LLC contains the following details: Serial Number 02
          Common name TransUnion Net Access Client Testing
          Country US
          State or Province Illinois
          Locality Chicago
          Organization TransUnion, LLC
          Organizational Unit
          Issuer common name TransUnion TUNA Registration Authority
          Issuer country US
          Issuer state Illinois
          Issuer locality Chicago
          Issuer organization TransUnion, LLC
          Issuer unit

    there is more information that is returned .... but I did not include it

> Your code looks correct. Are you sure you're using a certificate that is
> trusted by the remote party? The error you're getting could be because the
> remote server rejected your certificate...
>
> Regards,
> Pieter Philippaerts
> http://www.mentalis.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: using p12 Certificate - converting to x509 What am I doing wrong?
    ... However theis is a problem with the site's security certificate. ... Welcome to TransUnion Net Access Client Testing of the TransUnion, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Certificate Authenticate
    ... I need to write a script to post to a remote server ... browser now it does pull up the certificate window where I click ... on the certificate and it authenticates but as I can't post any data, ... Please help me how to code so that on getting the URL, the script opens ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Certificate Authenticate
    ... > I need to write a script to post to a remote server ... > browser now it does pull up the certificate window where I click ... > on the certificate and it authenticates but as I can't post any data, ... > Please help me how to code so that on getting the URL, the script opens ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Security of HTTPS
    ... > certificate presented by the server, ... > certificate presented by the remote server, ... So...we use the firewall to attempt to do "better" certificate validation ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: LDAP over SSL
    ... Found an error message on my local workstation. ... The certificate received from the remote server was issued by an untrusted ...