session timeout

using forms authentication. I would like to notify the user 1 min before the
session expires, that session is about to expire and click OK to stay. The
problem I have is with sliding expiration, even a AJAX call to check the
session extends the session timeout. What's the best way to implement this ?

  • RE: Users are randomly losing session and are forced to relogin
    ... I am getting the same problem of session expiring randomly. ... session expires I see the following error in VS.NET output window ... You can also track application restarts by ... > | restarts counter go up. ...
  • Re: persistant cookie, what is it?
    ... I'm not sure what problem you have with Session State. ... "imo" is not a logical reason for doing or not doing something. ... > one actually should use the authentication stuff to reach his goal right? ... >>> If the session expires and your o so precious variable got lost, ...
  • Re: How to check automatically for "end of session" and force a page redirection?
    ... immediately when their session expires, or the next time they request a page and their session has expired? ... If it's the former (which is a bad idea - what if they are working on something when their session expires? ... you should ask in an ASP group. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Fire a function when the session expires
    ... The problem is the session timeout. ... session expires the field "logged" remains set to Y. I'm in need to set it ... http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Detecting Session Expiration
    ... Im trying to find a way to detect when a session expires. ... is to use the HttpSessionListener and it's sessionDestroyed method. ... I'd like to run some java code to call a logout type ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)