session timeout

using forms authentication. I would like to notify the user 1 min before the
session expires, that session is about to expire and click OK to stay. The
problem I have is with sliding expiration, even a AJAX call to check the
session extends the session timeout. What's the best way to implement this ?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Users are randomly losing session and are forced to relogin
    ... I am getting the same problem of session expiring randomly. ... session expires I see the following error in VS.NET output window ... You can also track application restarts by ... > | restarts counter go up. ...
  • Re: persistant cookie, what is it?
    ... I'm not sure what problem you have with Session State. ... "imo" is not a logical reason for doing or not doing something. ... > one actually should use the authentication stuff to reach his goal right? ... >>> If the session expires and your o so precious variable got lost, ...
  • Re: How to check automatically for "end of session" and force a page redirection?
    ... immediately when their session expires, or the next time they request a page and their session has expired? ... If it's the former (which is a bad idea - what if they are working on something when their session expires? ... you should ask in an ASP group. ...
  • Fire a function when the session expires
    ... The problem is the session timeout. ... session expires the field "logged" remains set to Y. I'm in need to set it ... segnala gli abusi ad abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx ...
  • Detecting Session Expiration
    ... Im trying to find a way to detect when a session expires. ... is to use the HttpSessionListener and it's sessionDestroyed method. ... I'd like to run some java code to call a logout type ...