RE: view keystore names

Hi Chuck,

You are right, Your link has specify the detail.
The RSAProtectedConfigurationProvider is the default provider and uses the
RSA public key encryption to encrypt and decrypt data.

If you use Machine Key Container.
RSA machine key containers are stored in the following folder:
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

If you use RSA user-level key containers.
RSA user-level key containers are stored in the following folder:
\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA
And run the following command from a command prompt to import the custom
RSA encryption keys:
aspnet_regiis -pi "CustomKeys" "C:\CustomKeys.xml"

--
Best Regards,
Zhi-Qiang Ni

  • Re: Symmetric encryption algorithm with group like properties
    ... >> Solutions that exist today are not as secure as they can be. ... I wouldn't expect more than PGP / GPG type encryption, ... > versions - with the key, protected by RSA encryption under a RSA public key ... > Alice needs a secure decryption mechanism to read her emails, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: rsa encrtyption
    ... It seems to work for her now and all we did was apply some Sql Server updates. ... My only guess was that the MS dll she used to apply the RSA encryption was ... According to the RSA encryption reference, I've performed some local tests, ... Export the machine-level RSA key container: ...
  • RE: rsa encrtyption
    ... According to the RSA encryption reference, I've performed some local tests, ... Grant Read Access to the RSA Encryption Key: ... Export the machine-level RSA key container: ... Import the the machine-level RSA key container on the 2nd server: ...
  • Re: Rabin vs. RSA/ElGamal
    ... the speed difference between RSA ... encryption and Rabin encryption probably is irrelevant. ... For RSA or ElGamal you need exponentiation. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Rabin vs. RSA/ElGamal
    ... the speed difference between RSA ... encryption and Rabin encryption probably is irrelevant. ... What DOES takes the time is decryption. ... This also doesn't change the fact that Rabin encryption is still a lot ...
    (sci.crypt)