Re: ClickOnce security?

ClickOnce apps are typically distributed via HTTP (you download the code from a web site) but it doesn't necessarily execute via HTTP. It runs locally. You can deploy these on SSL endpoints if you wish.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
"7777" <NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23holCjCtKHA.1796@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have a consultant requesting to utilize ClickOnce and configure things in that direction for client updates and was wondering how safe it is as we're unfamiliar with this technology. You mention it executes via HTTP in that would it be able to do it through HTTPS for higher sensitive apps/updates? Thanks Joe.

"Joe Kaplan" <joseph.e.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uVREqGCtKHA.5936@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ClickOnce is primarily a technology for deploying apps that execute on the desktop, typically via an HTTP-based distro point. It is not generally about building ASP.NET apps although you can write ClickOnce apps that interact with it.

Silverlight is getting a lot more attention these days as a client-side executable framework though.

What are you trying to do?

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
"7777" <NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23bOGqiAtKHA.5940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, sorry if this is wrong area and novice question so is ClickOnce mainly for deploying asp.net apps and would anyone know of or can mention any security risks when using Windows Authentication? Thanks in advance.

.