- From: "Mervin Williams" <mervin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:58:42 -0600
I am trying to call a console application from within my ASP.NET application. The strErrors variable returns:
"System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access is denied.
---> System.Security.SecurityException: Access is denied."
Here is the code. The executable referred to by the PAMWriterPath points to a custom executable and resides on the same pc. I've given the ASP.NET webapp's Anonymous user account full access to the conole application's directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Process p = new Process();
p.StartInfo.FileName = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["PAMWriterPath"];
p.StartInfo.Arguments = "PostSub";
p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
p.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardInput = true;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardError = true;
bool started = p.Start();
StreamWriter sIn = p.StandardInput;
sIn.AutoFlush = true;
StreamReader sOut = p.StandardOutput;
StreamReader sErr = p.StandardError;
string strErrors = sErr.ReadToEnd();
if (strErrors.Length > 0)
bret = false;
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Date: a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy
- Next by Date: Digital signature verification throws "The system cannot find the file specified"
- Previous by thread: Antivirus Free Download 553
- Next by thread: Process.Start() fails