Re: Configuring Windows-based Authentication and UrlAuthorization

I have tried that as well.

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

On Aug 31, 11:29 pm, MCM <M...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried disabling Anonymous access, but there was no change.

"Thomas Sun [MSFT]" wrote:

Thanks for your response.

Please make sure we only enable Integrated Windows Authentication and
disable Anonymous access option on IIS. When anonymous access is enabled,
no authenticated user credentials are required to access the site. For more
information, see

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Best Regards,
Thomas Sun

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Hi Thomas-

Firstly, we need to make sure the identity that requests your website is
the Administrators role that you specify in <allow> section of
settings. For test, we can present the identity name in page by

No name is displaying at all. This value is blank. Could this be a browser

Besides, we also can specify a domain user in <location> settings and
request your website with that identity to see whether it works. For
<location path="Admin">
<allow users="YourDomain\OneUserName"/>
<deny users="*"/>

This also does not let me have access. But I presume that until we fix the
blank username problem, we won't get anywhere.

-Max- Hide quoted text -

Well, I would try to setup clean web.config, get rid of

<remove name="FormsAuthentication" />
<remove name="PassportAuthentication" />
<remove name="AnonymousIdentification" />
<remove name="FileAuthorization" />
<remove name="OutputCache" />
<remove name="RoleManager" />
<remove name="Profile" />
<remove name="ServiceModel" />
<remove name="ErrorHandlerModule" />

(let's load all by default)

enable trace

and put just

<deny users="?"/>

and see what happens

Relevant Pages

  • RE: OWA 440 login timeout
    ... this issue is related with the anonymous access on ... the Exchweb virtual directory. ... please restart your IIS service and test your issue again. ... PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were ...
  • Re: adding a new site results in iis error 401.1
    ... it means that the username/password you configured in IIS for the ... The reason you can get a 401.1 for anonymous access is this -- when you ... In general, the other authentication methods are pretty fast, unless your ...
  • Re: Persmission Denied
    ... has only been possible running the asp page directly on my test IIS ... >is your IIS virtual dir set up to use anonymous access? ... strUserDN, objUser ...
  • RE: LOGON_USER through https tunnel
    ... Have you disabled anonymous access? ... Go to IIS Manager, right click on the site and go to Directory Security. ... Click the Edit button in Authentication and access control, ... Subject: LOGON_USER through https tunnel ...
  • Re: wsx to asp ad rotator doesnt work
    ... has anonymous access enabled, and does not have any other ... The pub point wsx file has a test file that is called ... The second entry in the wsx file is the asp page. ... >control is enabled on the IIS box? ...