Re: Configuring Windows-based Authentication and UrlAuthorization

I have tried that as well.

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

On Aug 31, 11:29 pm, MCM <M...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried disabling Anonymous access, but there was no change.

"Thomas Sun [MSFT]" wrote:
Hi MCM,

Thanks for your response.

Please make sure we only enable Integrated Windows Authentication and
disable Anonymous access option on IIS. When anonymous access is enabled,
no authenticated user credentials are required to access the site. For more
information, seehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/324274

I look forward to receiving your test results.

--
Best Regards,
Thomas Sun

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Hi Thomas-

Firstly, we need to make sure the identity that requests your website is
in
the Administrators role that you specify in <allow> section of
<location>
settings. For test, we can present the identity name in page by
following
code:
===============================
Response.Write(User.Identity.Name);
===============================

No name is displaying at all. This value is blank. Could this be a browser
setting?

Besides, we also can specify a domain user in <location> settings and
then
request your website with that identity to see whether it works. For
example:
===============================
<location path="Admin">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="YourDomain\OneUserName"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
===============================

This also does not let me have access. But I presume that until we fix the
blank username problem, we won't get anywhere.

-Max- Hide quoted text -

Well, I would try to setup clean web.config, get rid of

<remove name="FormsAuthentication" />
<remove name="PassportAuthentication" />
<remove name="AnonymousIdentification" />
<remove name="FileAuthorization" />
<remove name="OutputCache" />
<remove name="RoleManager" />
<remove name="Profile" />