Re: Configuring Windows-based Authentication and UrlAuthorization

1) Try change the location path to "~/admin"

That didn't work. It just let's all users have access if I change it to
that. When it is set to "Admin", it does respond correctly by requiring
permission for the appropriate directory. But even authorized users are
getting prompted for credentials. And even admin credentials are being
rejected with "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid
credentials."

2) Check if Windows authentication is enabled (if IIS really receives
your membership)

It is.

  • Re: Cannot use "Run As"
    ... credentials, other wise, If you need to be asked for credentials even if you ... are logged on as an admin, you need to change a group policy stting, it ... 4- Double click this setting and configure it to "Prompt for credentials" ... Which settings I need to check? ...
  • Re: cracking Y2k DC Admin password
    ... credentials, johny the riper, LC, and ophcrack will do the job - with hash ... use cachedump to dump cached credentials on that server, maybe admin was ... I know an easy way to crack the sam file ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Navigating b/w public and secure pages.
    ... If "secure login" is clicked it prompts for credentials and once ... verified presents the admin pages. ... space) before a header() call. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Navigating b/w public and secure pages.
    ... If "secure login" is clicked it prompts for credentials and once ... verified presents the admin pages. ... space) before a header() call. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Domain admin cant add workstation to the domain ?!?!?!!!
    ... it said that the credentials supplied were not authorized ... to add the workstation to the domain. ... the original admin account. ... I had to supply the original domain admin ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)