reading a file from OfficeLive

Hi;

There does not appear to be an active forum anywhere for OfficeLive
tech questions so I'm hoping someone here may know the answer to this.

We have an Office AddIn and in it use the filename returned by the
office app to read the file when generating a report. Word, Excel, &
PowerPoint all have variations on this problem. Here is what occures
with Excel:

1. In OfficeLive the file is
http://workspace.office.live.com/#davidwindward/Documents/DavidT -
simple test.xlsx
1. Requesting the file (1) above in a browser works!
2. Reading the file (1) above using C# in our app returns
an XLSX file that appears to be some javascript.

2. Application.ActiveWorkbook.FullName returns
http://davidwindward.workspace.office.live.com/Docs/DavidT - simple
test.xlsx
1. Requesting the file (2) above returns an error 505 if
pasted in a browser.
2. Reading the file (2) above in my C# code it returns
an error 501 (not implemented).

Note: we want to be able to read not just the Office files (which are
our report templates) but also XML files as data files.

I think when it is requested via OfficeLive it adds cookies named ANON
and NAP.

Any idea what is going on and what I can do?

thanks - dave

david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com

  • Re: why>?
    ... Just because PDF is more popular than SNP; ... Emailing a dynamic report is easier than emailing PDF files.. ... Excel is ALWAYS less efficient than Access. ... e) multi-user functionality - being able to work on the same report / ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Need Resource Group in Visual Reports
    ... Because the machine I use with Project 2007 doesn't have Excel 2003 ... showing the same information as the Visual Report in Excel. ... When you said:"I've saved the resource usage cube and transferred ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: BCWP and BCWS
    ... Were you able to add the Tasks to Row labels in Excel? ... Report Filter, add to ROW Labels and Add to Column Labels. ... editing the report and inserting Actual Costs, Tacks AC, Task ... calculates actual duration and remaining duration. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • RE: Get parameter dates in heading
    ... sheet but it creats a new report and the alignment gets all messed up ... It actuall creates a new Excel spreadsheet. ... Dim varGetFileName As Variant 'File Name with Full Path ... Dim strLeftRange As String 'Used to format range references ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)