Re: Identify FormsAuthentication Timeout

On Jun 3, 5:17 pm, Chuck <nosp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a forms authentication website that has a page where users spend a lot
of time on.  So somebody spends an hour on the page and then presses submit
and gets redirected to the logon page.  Followed by a redirect back to where
they were minus all the data they typed in.

Is their a way to handle time outs without loosing data on the redirect.
Maybe popup a logon page versus a redirect or something.

Hi Chuck

you can try to prevent the timeout by placing an iframe in the page
that hits another page. See:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/session/Session_Defibrillator.aspx

Another approach is to add js with timeout which is less then the
ASP.NET timeout

http://jeremywadsworth.com/Default.aspx?blogentryid=41

Hope this helps

  • Re: Identify FormsAuthentication Timeout
    ... The better thing to do here is to design the app so that it can easily handle holding data that is in an intermediate state of completion and provide code that allows features like auto save to work and to make the current transaction "GET friendly" so that if the user is redirected away from the page they've been working on and then redirected back, they are returned to their in process transaction with the data as it was last saved either through some sort of auto save feature or via a user interaction. ... timeout period expires. ... > Is their a way to handle time outs without loosing data on the> redirect. ... > Maybe popup a logon page versus a redirect or something. ...
  • Re: Identify FormsAuthentication Timeout
    ... FormsAuthetication provider. ... timeout period expires. ... Followed by a redirect back to ... Maybe popup a logon page versus a redirect or something. ...
  • Re: ADFS Proxy Error
    ... redirecting the client to the logon site. ... resource FS -> app ... The redirect from the account FS to the resource FS is a POST redirect of ... On my test client I have a host file entry to redirect any requests to my ...
  • RE: Redirect default folder for Windows Explorer
    ... You shouldn't have to reboot because it is a user instead. ... Logon and logoff ... I've added this script to my logon script to but i have to do a reboot for ... You are far better off to redirect the My Documents than remove it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Redirected folders
    ... do you mean that your users have 2 different home directories, ... logon to the Terminal Server? ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... > I know - It's easy to redirect folders to users hormedir, ...