Re: Cross site authentication

On Dec 16, 5:36 pm, "paolo" <paolobit...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to make cross site authentication work...

I have a aspnet 1.1 app (which is to be converted to 2.0 shortly) that has
to be integrated with another aspnet 2.0 app.

The need is to use the same login form for both apps, so I modified my
web.config file in order to use the other app' login page, so far so good..

Hi Paolo,

take a look at the following post (#5) and read comments at the end.
http://blogs.neudesic.com/blogs/michael_morozov/archive/2006/03/17/72.aspx

Then look at http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=1513&pId=-1
or simply http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sso+asp.net

Hope this helps

  • Re: IIS6 on DC failing ASP.Net Service Unavailable
    ... On IIS 6.0 ASP.NET does not use the ASPNET account. ... identity of the web app pool that it is assigned to. ... Q1) Does you app work if you use one of the standard process identities? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Shared Hosting
    ... ASPNET account. ... a professional hosting company. ... they could put the application in its own app pool ...
  • Architecture of my ASP.NET app
    ... A business object layer which is a group of custom classes that map to my database entities, items of each type, for example 'clientitem' and collection classes that are collections of items, for example 'clientcollection'. ... I've referenced the bol in my aspnet app and get some quite useful abstraction from the database using this method, my aspnet app is completely ignorant of any information regarding the database, field names, anything really. ...
  • Re: Shared Hosting
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... the ASPNET account. ... they could put the application in its own app ...
  • Re: <identity impersonate="true"> question
    ... Actually I manually set my ASPNET to use the SYSTEM account on my ... I'll take your advice and not have the production system use an impersonated ... The default setup used to be to run the ASPNET ... > instead of having the app run as administrator all the time, ...