Membership

I recreated the first membership sample from Scott's membership series from 4guysfrom Rolla.com and got the following error. Any suggestions

Thanks
Alex.

Cannot open database "aspnetdb" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'Alex-PC\test'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "aspnetdb" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'Alex-PC\test'.

Source Error:

This is the listing for my web.config file
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0";>

<!-- You should ALWAYS customize the Membership provider and specify an applicationName... see http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/04/22/Always-set-the-_2200_applicationName_2200_-property-when-configuring-ASP.NET-2.0-Membership-and-other-Providers.aspx for more details... -->
<!--membership defaultProvider="CustomizedProvider">
<providers>
<add name="CustomizedProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" minRequiredPasswordLength="5" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"/>
</providers>
</membership>-->

<!--The following code example shows how to configure an ASP.NET application to use the
SqlMembershipProvider provider to store and retrieve user account information.-->

<connectionStrings>
<add name="SqlServices"
connectionString="Data Source=Alex-PC\SVAIO2005;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;" />

</connectionStrings>
<system.web>
<authentication mode="Forms"/>

<membership
defaultProvider="SqlProvider"
userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
<providers>
<remove name="AspNetSqlProvider" />
<add name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="SqlServices"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
passwordFormat="Hashed"
applicationName="/" />
</providers>
</membership>
<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

  • Re: Membership
    ... You need to setup the membership db... ... An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. ... Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "aspnetdb" requested by the login. ... <!-- You should ALWAYS customize the Membership provider and specify an applicationName... ...
  • Re: Defining Groups with AD users
    ... For ASP.NET authentication and role based authorization, ... you can configure the membership to use AD ... membership provider and Rolemanager to use SQL server provider. ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • Re: Defining Groups with AD users
    ... For ASP.NET authentication and role based authorization, ... you can configure the membership to use AD ... membership provider and Rolemanager to use SQL server provider. ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • Re: MS ADAM: How strategic is a) MS ADAM and b) Authorizaion Manager?
    ... I'm not really sure on all of the details on the AD membership provider as I ... > I hadn't found ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in any of the TechEd ... I think the issue here is that AzMan is a much ...
  • Re: Replacing VS .NETs SQL Server Express Edition Integration
    ... You could write a custom membership provider. ... You could add the tables you need to your existing database table. ... As for configuring ASP.NET 2.0 membership to connect SQL Server 2000, ...