Re: Downloading web page from secure ASP web site.

You probably can't do this as easily as you like. It looks like this site
is protected by SiteMinder which is most likely an SSO solution that uses
cookies for exchanging authentication information. Essentially, your GET
request to this page would need to include a cookie issued by SiteMinder to
allow you to authenticate.

To get that cookie, you probably need to execute a form post with your
credentials to the siteminder login page and get the cookie it sends back in
a set-cookie header. You would essentially need to program out all of this
site interaction (often called screen scraping). It is doable, but more
complex than you probably were hoping for.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Dave the Wave" <dweeber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I work for a large chain coporation. My schedule is posted on their
secure web site which I have a user name and a password for.
I want to create a URL string that can be sent (using VBA inside of
Outlook) which contain my username and passsword and allow me access
to my schedule information.

I tried:
IE.Navigate2
"https://mydish.olivegarden.com/company/TOG/home.asp?user=[myusername]&password=[mypassword]";
where [myusername] and [mypassword] were replaced by the actual
strings I use to login through the web site.

That doesn't work. I guessed at the variable names "user" and
"password". I looked through the login pages source text for help
here, but didn't find any.
I also noticed the login URL has the text "...netegritysplash.asp..."
in it? here is the full
URL:"https://mydish.olivegarden.com/siteminder/netegritysplash.asp?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-ff731848-1ef6-4793-bc06-53077be31783&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&TARGET=$SM$https%3a%2f%2fmydish%2eolivegarden%2ecom%2flogin%2easp&SMIDENTITY=NO";

Can anyone tell me how piece together a URL so I can include my
username and password thus directly downloading the schedule
information into a VBA program without physically going to the web
site using Explorer or Firefox?

Thanks in advance!

  • SiteMinder Multiple Vulnerabilities
    ... 3: Bug Impact Rate: Medium / Hi ... eTrust SiteMinder delivers the marketís most advanced security management capabilities ... the login page of a site. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-disclosure] SiteMinder Multiple Vulnerabilities
    ... 3: Bug Impact Rate: Medium / Hi ... eTrust SiteMinder delivers the market's most advanced ... the login page of a site. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • SIteMinder Authentication
    ... Please give me code to authenticate with siteminder using WCF class in desktop application .. ... Application uses 'SiteMinder' for authentication. ... I want to login to the application by sending data programatically by ... You now have a separate application, using HttpWebRequest, trying to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • SIteMinder Authentication
    ... I want to know how can i implement SIteMinder Authentication using WCF Client.. ... I want to login to the application by sending data programatically by ... You now have a separate application, using HttpWebRequest, trying to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)