Re: Security for a worker thread

Yes. It depends how you create the threads. There is also a config switch

see here: http://www.leastprivilege.com/WhatIsAspnetconfig.aspx

-----

I have my main asp.net thread which can access the database using
impersonation=
true. I then create worker threads but they don't have rights to the
db and
login fails. Is there a way to delegate/transfer the creating thread
rights
to the worker thread?
Thanks,
maa
"Dominick Baier" wrote:

could you expand a little bit more on this?

-----
Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/9989.asp)

How do I adjust the security for a worker thread in asp.net?
Thanks,
maa

  • Re: Security for a worker thread
    ... Dominick Baier ... I then create worker threads but they don't have rights to the ...
  • Re: Win 2003 svr/ASP.NET 2.0 UNC share
    ... Dominick Baier ... Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications ... Now I need to setup Kerberos between the web1 and fileserver web2. ...
  • Re: Exact implementation of PasswordDerivedBytes
    ... Dominick Baier ... Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications ... The reflector tool proved to be very powerful in this case. ... hope reflector will help me along, but my expectations are low. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Encryption scheme using RSA
    ... Dominick Baier ... Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications ... suppose there is no way for an attacker to perform active attacks ... My schema is intended to prevent this only risk, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Security for a worker thread
    ... Dominick Baier ... Developing More Secure Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Applications ... I then create worker threads but they don't have rights to ...