Using WindowsTokenRoleProvider with Forms Authentication ...

Hi:
Has anybody managed to do this? We have setup forms authentication to
validate against AD. We'd like to use AD for roles based authorization.

The documentation on ASP.NET leads me to believe WindowsTokenRoleProvider is
possible only if I use Integrated Windows Authentication?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
-Naraen
http://naraen.spaces.live.com

  • asp.net vulnerability
    ... From: Windows NTBugtraq Mailing List ... More details on ASP.NET vulnerability ... There has been some confusion with the ASP.NET forms authentication issue ... authorization issue, not an authentication issue. ...
  • Re: application pool custom identity
    ... Kerberos becomes a possibility when the web server is in a Domain, ... The problem happens when the browser/server selects Kerberos authentication, ... LocalSystem credentials will work for Kerberos; custom AppPool Identity ... Authorization. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Kerberos OpenLDAP Frontend
    ... Jonathan Javier Cordoba Gonzalez wrote: ... but then you are mixing the authentication with the authorization. ... A KDC with passwords and LDAP ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: Windows Integrated and the domain name
    ... Both NTLM and Kerberos authentication require the full realm and username - that's unfortunately the way both of those two protocols work. ... for a direct integrated windows authentication ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
  • Re: ASP.NET Authentication exception case
    ... It doesn't seem to like the authorization tag underneath the location tag ... This section sets the authentication policies of the application. ... <!-- SESSION STATE SETTINGS ...