Re: Problem establishing SSL connection in code-behind

Reading your posts in this group, I got to know something called
"double hop".

My understanding of the so-called "double hop" is still pretty
vague. Is my situation double hop? Here is the background of my
situation (just in case):

1. Users of my web application will provide their Windows username,
password and domain to get authenticated. My login page looks like so:

Username: [ ]
Password: [ ]
Domain: [ ] <--- This is a dropdown.

2. I collect these credential fields and send them to a dummy web site
on a remote server. This dummy web site uses Windows Integrated
Authentication (WIA) only and has only one page that says "hola
amigo".

3. We check the response of the dummy website. If it contains "hola
amigo", the user is considered authenticated.

Is this a typical double hop (or delegation)? It sounds like it is.

  • Re: Problem establishing SSL connection in code-behind
    ... that isn't a double hop as you have plaintext credentials for the ... If the remote resource was a web app, ... If your goal of this set up is simply to use forms-based authentication to ...
  • Re: CreateDirectory working inconsistantly from ASP.net
    ... You are facing the dreaded double hop NTLM issue. ... When the browser authenticates to the web server from a remote ... >I have also checked that the Integrated Authentication is getting passed ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: CreateDirectory working inconsistantly from ASP.net
    ... You are facing the dreaded double hop NTLM issue. ... When the browser authenticates to the web server from a remote ... >I have also checked that the Integrated Authentication is getting passed ...
  • Re: CreateDirectory working inconsistantly from ASP.net
    ... You are facing the dreaded double hop NTLM issue. ... When the browser authenticates to the web server from a remote ... >I have also checked that the Integrated Authentication is getting passed ...
  • Re: How to start/stop windows service on a remote machine?
    ... configured to use Integrated Authentication only, but now I cannot use it ... Is there a way I could combine these two, and eliminate "double hop" issue? ... the problem you meet is a typical windows ... want to continue access other remote machine, ...